I lay in bed this morning fighting the urge to just stay there. I felt I couldn't bring myself to get up to watch Meet the Press at 9.30. I knew it was going to be a tribute to Tim Russert and I had wanted to watch it so badly, but at the same time asked myself, is this really something you can handle?Sunday morning cartoons didn't start for Gabe until after Meet the Press. Tim Russert had such a grace about him, the kind which allowed him to be a teacher and a friend, nothing was off the table and the way he could lead a discussion! And that was it, it was watching a discussion, never a fight or argument, never an I'm better than you, or you are an idiot, a free form of information to be understood by even the least political of us all.
He was a man of honor and respect and I've found those men I can't seem to get enough of. Their energy, their charisma, the way they can remind me of a man I loved and lost who was just the same.
Finally, I pulled myself out of bed and watched the last 15 minutes, and cried the whole time. Here's a man I know so very little about, a man I knew from Sunday mornings and election coverage, being so sweetly remembered. What an American! What a man! God Bless!
1 comment:
You are really bringing me down with this. I hope tomorrow you are back to talking about making out and getting drunk!
Post a Comment