Friday, January 4, 2008

My annual membership to the HDZ.


A zoo visitor visits a makeshift memorial to Tatiana the tiger. The 350-pound Siberian tiger was killed after it escaped from its enclosure Christmas Day, killing one person and injuring two.
--The Associated Press Jan 4, 08
I’ve often heard the deaths of children and animals are often looked upon as more cruel or horrific than that of an adult because of their defenselessness. Concerning children, I am in total agreement, animals on the other hand…

Not in any way to I advocate the killing or torture of an animal, I don’t understand why people have a need to mourn an animal in such a way. Will there be a statue of the man who was mauled to death in the zoo?

Maybe someone should reevaluate the definition of WILD animals. And why they need to be kept in little cages while people take pictures and devalue their existence in a concrete paved jail.

No comments: