Gabe and I took Grandma E to the hearing aid office today and while we wait for her, a smiling "almost 80" year old man enters the office. Kind words are exchanged as I expain loudly the office lady is helping our Grandma E fix her hearing aid. He sits down across from me, next to the magazine basket, and tells me he is having a bad day. He continues a lengthy story of his wife, politics, the USA, heavy use of the phrase "thirty-five years ago...", religion, weather. And this lesson all in a matter of minutes! Grandma E and the office lady emerge from the side office and the newspaper capped man leans in for just one more story...
"I was driving down Broadway a few months ago when the car in front of me slams on its brakes, I hit mine, but it was too late. I got out to examine the damage when I notice the owner of the car I hit walking towards me. And I'll be gosh-darned if it wasn't a midget! A real life little one! He took a look at his rear bumper, then back at me and exclaimed 'I'm not Happy!' Then I asked, 'Well, which one are you then?'"
I laughed so hard! He told me to make sure I told my husband that one, and I assured him I would! I thanked him for his company and Grandma E, Gabe, and I left the office, never to see him again. Or at least until we ran into him in the produce section at Wal-Mart about thirty minutes later where we shared a wave and smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hehe I think I peed a little!
Post a Comment