Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sucking the honeys.


Wall-E -- The Movie Review. (No spoilers!!)


I rented Wall-E the other day because I had not yet taken in the animated blockbuster of 2008. Gabe had already seen it in the theater, but he didn't mind picking it up at the Blockbuster to enjoy for a few days.

Gabe popped it in the first night we got it and laughed and laughed. I was busy around the house and did not pay too much attention.

Last night, however, I laid on the couch with him, determined to watch the movie before returning it to the drop box. Here's what I think....

The only words I ever heard were "Wall-E" and "Eva". Those writers had a hell of a script put together. What seemed like an eternity later, we are visually entertained with a bunch of fat people sitting on chairs on a spaceship. These people also start repeating "Wall-E". Then I walked away. What the F?? I watched everything but the last 15 minutes and I'm glad I saved myself.

The character of Wall-E was cute; Eva was extremely trigger happy; the fat people were disturbing and confusing; and overall-

It sucked.

1 comment:

Brunoswims said...

I was disappointed with the movie too. Although, I thought it was pretty good visually, that only kept it entertaining for the first half, then it really started to drag a little. And I thought the way the people were drawn or modeled(?) was poor compared to how good everything else looked. Overall I would give it a "C". But not as in "Cash Money!"