I made a new friend. Our whirlwind relationship lasted nearly two whole hours. Let me take you back to last Monday...
Two and a Half Men is a juvenile attempt at fart humor (and I can't bear to watch my beloved "Duckie" shame himself in such a way!) and Dancing with the Stars makes me throw up a little in my mouth. So where was I, oh yeah, bored. As I darned the holes in my favorite gray, pink, and chartreuse flowered socks, a light bulb turned on: Craigslist!
Yes! That's it! I thought. I can sell my unwanted crap on the internet! Maybe I would make enough to buy myself a little somethin-somethin for no good reason. Yes!
I have two rocking chairs, those may sell... What else? What else? SHOES!!
Why not? Who wouldn't want my gently worn and very loved shoes? I took to photographing each special pair of shoes, everything from my silver party shoes with beer stains to my no longer white- white leather tennis shoes.
I took delicate care to upload each photo and detail the ins and outs of each pair: color, make, style, year purchased, store where purchased, sales persons name, size, heel height, where I wore them, and how hard it is to lose a member of the family (who am I kidding, we're in a recession and I want the money!)
Within an hour, I had a response. The following email conversation ensues:
Shoe Lover 69: I'm interested in your three pairs of mildly danced-in celebration shoes at a mere $3 each. Are they still available?
Me: Yeah, totally.
Shoe Lover 69: Radical! I don't have much money and don't feel comfortable shopping at the mall.
Me: Yeah. So, you want the shoes?
Shoe Lover 69: If you won't judge me. See, I'm a guy.
Me: Yeah. So, you want the shoes?
Shoe Lover 69: That doesn't creep you out? You're okay with that?
Me: No. Yeah. So, you want the shoes?
Shoe Lover 69: Sweet! Yes! Awesome! You're cool! Thanks for understanding. So... do you only have the shoes, or do you have anything else?
Me: I have a couple of rocking chairs.
Shoe Lover 69: Uh, I meant like clothes and stuff like that.
Me: Oh, yeah. I got clothes and stuff like that.
Shoe Lover 69: Cool. Maybe I can get some of that from you too. I'm a size (edited for your safety).
Me: I may have some stuff in that size. I'll put some things together.
Shoe Lover 69: Sweet beans. You're really nice. I'm bored and lonely tonight. I'm watching the Simpsons on TV. Are you single?
Me: No.
Shoe Lover 69: I'm just going through a divorce. We weren't married that long, but we dated for a long time. The shoes and clothes are something new for me.
Me: Ok.
Shoe Lover 69: You're a good listener. I'm 31. It's nice having someone to talk to. I live out here in the country and without my wife, I've got nothing but eleven cats and a coop full of chickens to talk to.
Me: Yep.
Shoe Lover 69: Well, I'll email you tomorrow, we'll figure a place to meet. I'm so happy I met you. You're really understanding. Too bad you're not single.
Me: Yep. Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So did you sell him the shoes or what?
We talked and since he has a kick ass collection of hockey jerseys, we're moving in together and gonna share a closet.
I hope you guys have a space heater... It is getting rather cold outside...
Post a Comment