Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sometimes I wake up crying at night...

Wow. That's the best definition of the dream I had last night. I woke up crying and tried to remember everything I could and here it is:
I entered my kitchen from the living room and there it was, almost completely redone. My eyes went to the corner of the kitchen to see the 45 degree angle turned into a 90 degree one, and oh my! a new microwave over the stove, the kind with the fan built in. Over to my right, a new sink, new cupboards, and a dishwasher! To my left I realized the stove is new, and black, and further back to my right, the fridge is also new and black, with ice and water in one of the double doors. I was opening the cabinets and in total awe of how much easier this is going to make my life, thinking of how to arrange everything and admiring the green counter tops, and I started to cry. There my dad was with a smile on his face and I couldn't stop crying and saying thank you. I had an overwhelming feeling of sadness because he worked so hard to make me happy and my life better. He was so happy, even though he looked sick, and I thought he should rest, take it easy, make himself get well, and I knew better than to say anything but appreciate all he did for me.

Dream definitions:
Kitchen
To see a kitchen in your dream, signifies your need for warmth and spiritual nourishment. It may also be symbolic of the nurturing mother. Alternatively the kitchen, represents a transformation.
Cupboard
To dream that you are opening a cupboard, signifies that you are revealing some hidden truth or secret.
Sink
To see a sink in your dream. represents your feelings and how you control your emotions. You may need to cleanse yourself of past feelings and start fresh. Consider also the common phrase "everything but the kitchen sink" which refers to a situation where you have almost everything that you can possible want or need. The symbol may also be a pun on "sinking" or drowning.�
Microwave
To see a microwave in your dream, represents your quick thinking and quick-action. You need to consider new and better way of doing things.
Black
Black symbolizes the unknown, unconscious, danger, mystery, darkness, death, mourning, hate or malice.
If the feeling in the dream is one of joy, blackness could imply hidden spirituality and divine qualities.
Green
Green signifies a positive change, good health, growth, healing, hope, vigor, vitality, peace, and serenity. Green is also symbolic of your strive to gain recognition and establish your independence. Money, wealth and jealousy are often associated with this color.
Dead
To see the dead in your dream, forewarns that you are being influenced by negative people and are hanging around the wrong crowd. You may suffer material loss. This dream may also be a way for you to resolve your feelings with those who have passed on. If you dream of a person who has died a long time ago, then it suggests that a current situation or relationship in you life resembles the quality of that deceased person. The dream may depict how you need to let this situation or relationship die and end it.
To see and talk with your dead parents in your dreams, represents your fears of losing them or your way of coping with the loss. You may want that last opportunity to say your final good-byes to them.

To see your dead sibling, relative, or friend in your dream, indicates that you miss them and are trying to relive your old experiences you had with them. In trying to keep up with the pace of your daily waking life, you dreams may serve as your only outlet in coping and coming to terms with the loss of a loved one.
Father
To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father.

No comments: