I took it off, the bright, Crayola red nail polish.
And I wonder what it's all worth. What the price of it is? Or what the prize of it is? How to describe the intangible, whether my sleep is my life and my wake is my dream.
I went into the office late this morning, I was busy at home fielding calls, trying to find time to dry my hair before I left into the windy cold February day. Once at work, I twisted the rod to open the blinds before I sat down in front of the computer. The flower delivery van drove up and stopped outside my window, then backed up to stop in the drive. I pulled my ass up out of my chair and twisted the rod to close the blinds.
I'm learning to like and respect myself. There's lying to yourself and then there's believing; not letting go of dreams and desires. I haven't found compromise.