Thursday, November 8, 2007

alone vs. lonely

Good Morning, All!

As I find myself unwilling to go to bed at 3am, I decided to blah-blog. Before I get into this morning's topic of discussion, I am at full ear volume in case my furnace explodes. It oh-so-convieniently decided it needed a vacation this season and took the day off. I courageously taped a match to the end of a Mid American Energy pencil and re-lit the pilot light. The furnace hasn't "kicked on" yet, so here I am, zipped into my winter coat patiently waiting. And wondering, who blew out the pilot light? And why?

I am partial to using the Dictionary for definitions of words. It's enjoyable to use words to describe words. Moving on...

alone, adj.: 1.apart from other people; single; solitary. 2.excluding anything or anyone else; sole; only. 3.with nothing further added.

lonely, adj.: 1.sad at being alone. produing sadness. 2.without companions; solitary. 3.empty of people; unfrequented.

So let's use them in a sentance:
I am cold and alone in my white house.
I am lonely because no one can help me fix my crap-ass furnace.

Hmmm... I think I see. I can easily not be alone if I were to pick up the phone and let my fingers do the walking, surely some friend is wide-eyed and bushy tailed this time of morning. I would be able to resolve my "alone"ness by chosing to have a person or people around me. But resolve it? Is it a problem if I chose to be alone? Take myself to the museum and walk right by the art I do not care to look at and stand still for twenty minutes in front of the piece I am pulled into? If I were alone I would *HOLY SHIT**the furnace just came back to life**WE HAVE HEAT!!* {Now I wonder how long it will take to heat up from 54 degrees...} alright, back to the museum, I could enjoy my time, not have to bother with what I don't want to take in. But there is something about holding hands at a museum...

Sad at being alone produces lonliness. I find it not a bit out of the ordinary to be happy at being alone, contemplate what that produces... But sad at being alone, yeah, that sucks, especially in a room full of people, even sometimes at the museum. People can have no idea if I am lonely, they may chose to assume this much because I may be alone. I feel most lonely when I laugh and no one would ever hear, or laugh back, or laugh too.

Alone is the state of
Lo
nely is the state because

good night and good day,
make it the best one yet!

No comments: